Milan Fashion Week begins today. What am I looking forward to seeing? Lots of gorgeous prints, of course!
My love for several Italian fashion houses runs deep. Pucci has been a big influence on me for several years now. Cavalli, Marni, Etro and Prada also turn out amazing patterned clothes. And of course there are the iconic Missoni multicolour chevron knits. But there are also some younger brands, such as Stella Jean and MSGM, who are doing really exciting things, in my opinion. I can’t wait to see how the shows play out!
For a wealth of information on Milan Fashion Week, check out the Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana website.
What’s your favourite look here?
Image credits (clockwise from top left)
- Two fresh looks from Haitian-Italian designer Stella Jean
- Thinking outside the box (or garment). A playful Pucci print makes this sailboat really stand out
- A painterly floral print from Roberto Cavalli
- Two vintage Missoni outfits. The epitome of luxurious casual wear
- A bold, graphic dress from Etro
- A more current look from Missoni
- Two more looks from Stella Jean
- Segment of an Etro pattern
- The backdrop of Prada’s Spring/Summer 2014 women’s fashion show
- Another gorgeous print from Roberto Cavalli
- Three looks from Marni
- Etro pattern detail
- A cluster of models at the Prada S/S 2014 show
Two images in center of collage (top to bottom)
Please click here to subscribe to the Liz Nehdi Studio inspiration journal. You'll get occasional updates, behind-the-scenes shots from inside the studio, styling and trend advice, as well as exclusive promotions (including 10% off your first order!)