As a lover of both colours and organization I find myself collecting colour palette inspiration constantly from the world around me (and with the help of Pinterest). Yes, this inspiration comes from fashion, interiors and art, but other times it hits me as I’m walking down the street and see a particularly lovely colour vignette. Appreciating these small moments elevates everyday life and makes life that much more beautiful. Keep your eyes open!
I’ve chosen blue for this week’s colour mood board. Blue seems appropriate right now. It’s cold. Possibly even icy where you are. When the cloudy London skies part for an hour or so, I’m so thankful to see the beautiful blue sky. From cloud to cobalt to ultramarine to teal – blue is one of my favourite hues.
What’s your favourite shade of blue?
PS - If you’re on Pinterest, feel free to follow me for more colour palette inspiration.
Image credits (clockwise from top left):
- Turquoise peeling paint against wood and rusty nails
- An Op Art work by Hungarian-French artist Victor Vasarely
- An image of gorgeous Memphis chairs and graphic art courtesy of the super talented American designer Kelly Wearstler
- A Finnair plane adorned in a Marimekko pattern. This is a dream project for me!
- A little shout out to my birth year in this work by the multi-talented Yves Saint Laurent
- Storm clouds move across the sea
- Colour inspiration in the mundane from the very observant Kelly Wearstler. This woman knows her colours!
- A blue on blue editorial spread from i-D magazine
- A Josef Frank textile
- Mixing up multiple shades of blue
- Image in center right
- Cloud print by Eloise Renouf
Please click here to subscribe to the Liz Nehdi Studio inspiration journal. You'll get occasional updates, behind-the-scenes shots from inside the studio, styling and trend advice, as well as exclusive promotions (including 20% off your first order!)