Whether the pattern is graphic or organic; colourful or neutral, a great statement rug is a fantastic way to bring drama and life to a living room. Here’s a selection of rooms where the rug really pulls the space together.
My personal favourites right now are the wild boucherouite rugs (no surprise there ;) What style of rugs do you prefer?
Image credits (clockwise from top left)
- A room designed by Jamie Drake at the Maison de Luxe show in Beverly Hills, 2011. Photographed by So Haute
- A living room designed by Novogratz featured on Style Me Pretty
- Salvation Jane’s colourful living room featured on The Style Files
- A beautiful boucherouite rug featured on Viciouslycyd
- A bold, graphic rug in two colours pulls together a room of disparate elements on Emily A. Clark’s blog
- A lesson in pattern play from Apartment F15 (image originally from Arkpad)
Please click here to subscribe to the Liz Nehdi Studio inspiration journal. You'll get occasional updates, behind-the-scenes shots from inside the studio, styling and trend advice, as well as exclusive promotions (including 10% off your first order!)